Here are a few links that might be helpful for other librarians and parents
- Legal Forms – Free Legal Forms
- Open DNS – Open source (free) Web Filter
- Windows SteadyState – Harddrive protection (free, but requires confirmation of Genuine Windows OS and doesn’t work on Windows 7 or later)
- Gmail / Google Docs – Free online Email service. Comes with access to Google Documents. I can not say enough good things about this. It’s awesome!
- Advanced System Care – With a single button it cleans the registry, empties the cashe, defragments if needed and checks for spyware. I really like this program for fighting system slowdown.
- Public Records – peoplesmart.com - Free Public Records Search
- Public Records – onlinesearches.com - Free Public Records Search
- Public Records – recordsbase.com - Free Public Record Genealogy Search
- AARP www.aarp.org
- Administration on Aging www.aoa.gov
- Benefits Check Up www.benefitscheckup.org
- Eldercare Locator www.eldercare.gov
- Family Caregiver Alliance www.caregiver.org
- Meals on Wheels www.mowaa.org
- Medicare www.medicare.gov
- National Council on the Aging www.ncoa.org
- Senior Living Map www.seniorlivingmap.org
- SeniorNet www.seniornet.org
I’ll add more as I find them.