Since this Christmas I’ve had a lot of people asking me if the Webermeier had Overdrive or something like it so that people could borrow books for their Kindle/Nook/Whathaveyou.
The short answer is “no”.
The longer answer is “Not yet, but with your help we can get it sooner rather than later.”
Here is the full deal with Over Drive. The shorter breakdown goes like this.
- It costs $500.00 for the initial set-up.
- It costs $500.00 for the participation fee per yer. (With a year beginning in October)
- They do the set up in October, January, April and July.
- It takes about two months after the set up to actually get access to anything from them.
- They Do Not prorate the participation fee.
So based on that I’m having a hard time spending a thousand dollars for what would amount to four months access only to have to turn around and spend another five-hundred in October.
That said: If we can raise at least five-hundred dollars before the set up in April (so all of a month. I know. Short notice.) then we will get started then. If we can not raise the money through donations keyed toward this end then we will wait until October and should have access at the beginning of 2013.